have a private class at home
if you wish to host a private class with friends of yours, diane will be very happy to leave her kitchen and come to yours…..
this a great option when you want to feel like home, wish to make a surprise or just do not feel like going to a commercial place….
the concept is easy….
- pick-up a date and time and check with us our availability
- gather a bunch of friends depending on the size of your kitchen, the class can be from 1 up to 6-8 people
- choose a menu after discussing with the chef, you’ll receive 3 proposals among which you can mix and match
- wait til the date of the class & enjoy!
basically, it will cost you an average 70$/person for a 4 people class with a basic 3 courses menu (wine not included)
the price will vary if you wish:
- a one to one class
- to work on specific ingredients such as shellfish, champagne, organic options, imported products….
- to offer presents to your guests such as customized aprons, tea towels….
a typical class
usually, nibbles and drinks are served to the guests until everybody arrives.
all the utensils, ingredients and recipe packs are prepared to get a quick and easy start.
if you wish to organize a wine tasting matching the recipes, we have a great sommelier that will make it very special
after a quick introduction to the class, we start chopping, whisking, baking, rolling in order to achieve the list of recipes we have to get through….
usually this part takes at least 1 1/2 hours up to 2 1/2 hours depending on what you wish to learn or how much you chat during the class….. the chef will not cook for you, she will lead you through the process of cooking!
see…. it’s getting dark when you chat too much….
by the end of the class, everybody learns how to dress a nice plate or serving dish as it is one of the most important part of the chef’s work. some dishes can taste amazing but being poorly dressed make them less attractive…
then we just seat around a nice table and enjoy our hard work.
finally, as we have been cooking way too much food, each participant gets to bring back a nice portion of food for their family, friends or colleagues….